We aim to offer a comprehensive support service to the unpaid Carers of Northamptonshire.
We recognise their contribution to society and will endeavour to empower Carers in improving their quality of life. Our organisation is Carer-led and our developments will be a response to Carers’ needs If you are a Carer and would like information and advice to help you in your caring role you can refer yourself to us by completing the on-line enquiry form link on this page.
If you provide regular, unpaid help for a relative or friend who has any of the following:
A Mental Health Need
- A Physical Disability
- Misuse of Alcohol/Drugs
- A Sensory Impairment
- Or is Elderly/Frail
You may be a parent, wife, husband, partner, daughter, son, friend or neighbour - but you are also a Carer. Or, you may know someone who is. Young people and children may also be carers and are known as
Young Carers You may be providing all or some of the following:
- Personal care for a child or adult
- Health care
- Support with mobility
- Domestic tasks
- Supporting emotional needs of the person you look after
Carers come from all walks of life and all communities in Northamptonshire.
As a Carer you may benefit from:
- Having occasional breaks from caring
- Contact with Carers organisations and other Carers
- Knowing where to get help
- Considering your own health and well being
- Making sure you are receiving all benefits you are entitled to
- Having someone to help you speak up for yourself